Easy Swaps on the Run
Let’s be real. It is hard to lose weight if you’re eating out very often. Greasy burgers and fries will bounce that calorie budget before you’ve even had the chance to lick the salt from your fingers. That said, sometimes you find yourself staring down a drive-thru menu and hoping for the best. Here are a few easy swaps that will help you stay on track.
- At Starbucks: Swap your Grande White Chocolate Mocha with Whip (470 calories) for a Grande Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte (120 calories)
- At Jamba Juice: Swap your 16 0z Chunky Strawberry Topper (570 calories) for a 16 oz Strawberries Alive Smoothie (250 calories)
- At Jack in the Box: Swap your Extreme Sausage Breakfast Sandwich (660 calories) for a Breakfast Jack (280 calories)
- At Wendy’s: Swap your Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad (770 calories) for an Apple Pecan Chicken Salad (560 calories)
- At McDonald’s: Swap your Quarter Pounder with Cheese (510 calories) for a Premium Grilled Chicken Sandwich (350 calories)
- At Subway: Swap your 6″ Chicken and Bacon Ranch Melt (570 calories) for a 6″ Turkey and Black Forest Ham Sub (285 calories)
- At Arby’s: Swap your Market Fresh Roast Turkey and Swiss Sandwich (710 calories) for a Classic Roast Beef Sandwich (360 calories)
- At Pizza Hut: Swap 1 slice of Meat Lover’s Pan Pizza (480) for 1 slice Hawaiian Hand-Tossed Pizza (290)
- At Taco Del Mar: Swap 1 Chicken Enchilada (990 calories) for 2 Fish Tacos (540 calories)
Looking for more nutrition information? Calorie King is a great place to start. Also, most chain restaurants provide extensive nutrition information on their websites. A little research can go a long way, especially if you grab fast food with any frequency. It’s surprising how often the healthy-seeming choices (e.g. salads, deli sandwiches) are sky-high in fat and calories. While fast food is rarely ‘good for you,’ some choices are definitely better than others.